If you want the best tool for recording right on your computer, it’s about time you look for the best USB microphone. With tool alone lower the number of equipment you’d need to acquire for your studio at home. Plus, they’re mostly portable and affordable. Indeed, the best USB microphone is the perfect choice for any musician who has just started their recording career or someone who has prospects on digital recording. So, if this equipment peak your interest, then read on to learn everything about it.
It’s true, the market offer tons of USB microphones to choose from, which is not an easy task for a beginner. There’re different parameters to consider before deciding to buy any brand of a USB microphone. Also, you should keep a note of the quality and affordance of the tool. However, to end your worries, we present to you a list of the top 10 best USB microphone in reviews. And to make you make a well-informed decision, we’ve included a set of factors to consider at the tail end of this review.
Let’s embark on the list.
10. VIMVIP Pop Filter for Recording, Streaming, Podcasting Gaming USB Condenser Microphone
VIMVIP is a USB condenser Microphone made of high-quality chip technology that helps in noise reduction. This USB Microphone that ranges between 50Hz and 16kHz and delivers smooth audio production free of any distortion. It is an ideal microphone for use in dubbing, recording, radio station, Skype, podcasting, and gaming. The mic is equipped with a cardioid polar-pattern to properly capture and produce a smooth, crisp, and clear sound. It is designed with a simple plug-and-play operation. This lets you directly connect to your computer or PC via a USB cable and use it without installing any drivers. For stability, the mic comes with a foldable metallic tripod stand which allows easy angle adjustments. Also, it is equipped with a professional dual-layer filter pop that prevents popping and enhances sound recording quality.
- Designed with intelligent noise-reduction technology
- Highly compatible with Linux, iOS, and Windows
- It comes with an adjustable mic stand
- It has a strong and sturdy metal stand
- Does not have a mute function
9. Camide 192 KHz/24Bit Mic Sound Chipset Plug & Play USB Computer Microphone Kit
Camide is a professional plug and plays USB Microphone equipped with pro sound chipset and a sampling rate of 192 kHz per 24 bit. The microphone can accurately reproduce a subtle sound by using a cardioid pickup pattern, low self-noise functionality, and high output. It is a perfect microphone for live streaming, recording, studios, podcasting among others. This Mic Kit comes with a large-diaphragm that has a wider frequency response and a good signal-to-noise ratio. It is fitted on a sturdy and versatile broadcasting arm. The arm is long enough and comes with a strong and durable C-clamp that allows easy attachment on the stand. Additionally, it has a double-pop filter that helps in minimizing the popping sound.
- Equipped with a large-diaphragm with a wider frequency response
- Designed with an angle-adjustment mechanism
- Comes with an easy-to-attach and fitting clamp
- It has a sturdy and versatile broadcast arm
- Could sometimes fetch background noise
8. Travor 192 KHz/24Bit Professional Sound USB Condenser Microphone for Gaming & Recording
Travor is a USB Condenser Mic which is compatible with PS4, Windows, Mac, and Linux. It is a plug and play equipment that does not require the installation of a sound card or extra drivers. The Microphone comes with a double-shielded type A-to-B USB cable that helps in reducing the interface. It produces a high-quality sound recording for your gaming, streaming, YouTube videos, and music. This USB Microphone is fully equipped with a high-quality rate of resolution sampling of 192 kHz per every 24 bit. It also uses professional chipset technology to produce high-quality sound. Furthermore, the use of a cardioid pattern helps in recording sounds coming to the source placed directly before the mic. This will help in the elimination of background noises during recording.
- Equipped with a pop filter for preventing plosives
- It has adjustable clamps for securely holding
- The arm is made of steel material
- Produces high-quality sound
- It is neither compatible with iPhone or iPad
7. UHURU Professional PC Streaming Pop Filter & Windscreen USB Podcast Condenser Microphone
UM900 USB Podcast is a condenser microphone that delivers with audio with studio-quality. It is an ideal microphone for gaming, social media, or home studios. This microphone is designed with a sampling rate of 24 bit per every 192 kHz. With this resolution, the microphone can capture super-clear sound recording with nearly close similarity to its source. It is designed with a cardioid pattern mechanism that makes the Mic pick sound coming directly from the front side of the microphone. This polar pattern helps in eliminating unwanted sounds that could be picked from the rear or side-ways. Additionally, you can plug the microphone directly into your computer and use it without the need to install any drivers.
- Uses cardioid pattern to eliminate background sounds
- It can easily fold for convenience in mobility
- It is made of double-braced adjustable arms
- Does not require the installation of drivers
- The microphone cannot be muted
6. MANLI 3.5mm XLR Pop Filter Professional Studio Computer PC Condenser Microphone (Black)
MANLI is a professional plug and plays a USB microphone kit equipped with a sound chipset technology that allows the TRS 3-port mic to retain a high-resolution rate of sampling. The sampling rate for this microphone is 192 kHz/24 bit. It can accurately produce a subtle sound with the help of self-noise function and high output. This is a suitable recording device for gaming, recording, meetings, broadcasting, and studios. The cardioid pattern design of the microphone helps in picking and isolating background noises during the recording process thus improving the quality of sound production. The microphone comes as a set of mic desktop stand, condenser mic, pop filter, metallic shock mount, TRS A-to-B cable, anti-wind foam caps, and Y shaped cable.
- It is universally compatible with computers
- Comes with an all-in-one microphone kit
- Designed with a pro sound chipset
- Delivers high-quality recording
- The base appears to be a little short
5. SUDOTACK Zero-Latency Monitoring Professional 192 KHz/24Bit USB Streaming PC Microphone
SUDOTACK professional USB microphone is a simple recording tool that is compatible with most appliances. It can be used effortlessly via a plug and play design. Moreover, it comes with a built-in 3.5mm headphone jack for zero-delay monitoring. This mic is suitable for home recording and even recording studios. If you wish to take your podcasting to a new level, this is the device to have. It can offer you a high sampling rate of up to 192 kHz/24 bit. Besides, it features a mute button on the mic for easy controlling.
- Offers you high fidelity sound quality
- Has zero-latency monitoring
- Easy to connect to other sound recording appliances via the USB
- Accurately pick-up sound for excellent sound quality
- No cons for now
4. Pyle PDMIKT100 Audio Cardioid Condenser Mic Podcast Recording Kit w/Pop Filter & Desktop Stand
As with most of the new tech devices, it isn’t long before we can see a compact and lightweight version. The Pyle PDMIKT100 is a perfect example of such a trend. This tool comes with novel features. It uses the fold-out-swivel arm idea that ensures it clips to the desk or laptop. If you’re on the hunt for an affordable USB mic with excellent features, then you can bet your money on this distinguished model. Additionally, it provides an exceptionally good sound for its physique and stature you should, yet it keeps the expectation realistic. And because of its size, it does not handle a higher sound pressure extent. As such, it won’t be the best choice for the mounting set.
- Has meticulous engineering and high-quality components
- Comes with switchable pick-up patterns
- It’s lightweight for convenient handling
- It’s compatible with PC and Mac
- Not suitable for mounting
3. TONOR TC-2030 Upgraded USB Cardioid Computer Mic Kit w/24mm Diaphragm for Streaming
The TONOR TC-2030 USB microphone is an excellent tool to make your home recording studio complete. It comes with two easy dials for hassle-free control over mixing and monitoring levels, otherwise it couldn’t be easy to install. It comes with all accessories you need for direct out of the box recording. Besides, this tool comes with a built-in headphone stereo jack that offers users with close to zero monitoring capabilities. As such, you’ll hear perfectly as you play in a crystal clear sound with no latency issues. Several users of this tool have praised it for its clarity and quality.
- Delivers high-quality recording at the comfort of your home
- It comes with useful accessories with a storage pouch
- It’s compatible with almost all mainstream applications
- The USB microphone s competitively priced
- Could be better will detail instructions
2. MAONO AU-A04H Vocal Condenser Cardioid USB Microphone w/Studio Headphone Set
This is another excellent choice of USB microphone that is of cardioid polar pattern. And with this tool, you can expect a high-frequency pick up without the lower end interfering with the quality of the recordings or unnecessary background noise from within. Also, it boasts a good weight to it with impressive quality construction. Even though the grill appears to be less durable compared to other models we find in the model, it is worth the price. It has an optimum frequency response that is in league with top-notch studio models for exceptional recordings. Even better, its USB connectivity enables seamless audio capture instantly to your digital audio platform.
- It can stand the test of time because of the well-built design
- Comes with a range of accessories like a shock mount
- Has a perfect background noise rejection
- Boasts good acoustics
- Ideal for beginners and hobbyist
1. TechZone Stellar X2 High-Quality Diaphragm Low Noise Circuit Cardioid Condenser XLR Microphone
We couldn’t have come to the end of this list without this handy piece by TechZone Stellar. It offers you a neutral and balanced frequency response. Unlike other USB microphones, this model doesn’t sound harsh and won’t sound tiring over time. The capsule is manufactured using top-grade Japanese imported mylar and brass. Also, they’re designed with precise techniques to make it achieve higher sensitivity hence enabling them to give exemplary sound. As such, it’s perfect for different sources. Further, the circuit has a low noise design for greater performance. It boasts a high strength iron body that delivers the durability of the highest order.
- Doesn’t sound harsh and won’t sound fatigued over time
- Feature gold traces that enhances performances
- Has reliable and long-lasting construction
- It’s suitable for different sources
- It’s a bit expensive for someone looking for a cheap microphone
As you have seen, exceptional USB microphones are not that difficult to find. Yet, they play a vital role for any avid recording artist. This notable piece of tech enables anybody to produce studio-quality recordings right from your home. With a computer and USB microphone, you’re good to start recording. Plus, you’ll buy a top-quality unit without breaking the banks. So, if you’re in a dire need of the best USB microphone for podcasting or recording, choose one of the best models above. It does not get quite easier than that!