Stoves and gas ranges are the well-known traditional cooking units that have defined the kitchen for most homeowners and also professional chefs. But how about electric ranges? Even though several consumers stereotype this type of range as low-end and cheap, their claims are mere lies. In essence, this type of appliance has come a long way, and now, its performance and reputation speak for itself. In other words, an electric cooktop outshines gas ranges in a wide range of ways. This unit can boil a large quantity of water faster. That is why we say, an electric cooktop delivers a quicker response time compared to its counterparts.
Speak of baking, boiling, frying, simmering, steam, etc. an electric cooktop will offer you just that. However, before you can think of upping your culinary skills, you need to think of where you’ll find the best electric cooktop. And that is exactly the reason why we are here. Coming next is a well-researched list of the top 10 best electric cooktops in reviews.
Table of Contents
- 10. CUSIMAX Dual Control Infrared Countertop 1800W Ceramic Electric Hot Plate
- 9. SANDOO Stainless Steel Tempered Glass Top 1800W Double Burners Electric Cooktop
- 8. NutriChef 1800W Touch Sensor 120W Portable Dual Burner Double Induction Cooktop
- 7. CUISINART Black One-Size ICT-60 Glass 11.6lbs Touch Control Double Induction Cooktop
- 6. Thermomate 9 Heat Settings 12 Inch 240V Ceramic Electric Cooktop w/Kid Safety lock & Timer
- 5. GIONIEN 3500W GITS352G3 12 Inch Drop-in Hard-Wired 220V Built-in Induction Cooktop
- 4. EMPAVA 12Inch 120V Vitro Black Smooth Surface Electric Induction Cooktop w/2 Burners
- 3. GASLAND 1-99Mins Timer 240V 12Inch Built-in IH30BF Drop-in 2 Burner Electric Induction Hob
- 2. FRIGIDAIRE Black 30Inch FFEC3025UB Glass 240V Hot-Surface Electric Smoothtop Cooktop
- 1. GE PP9830DJBB 30Inch Black 3-Speed Downdraft Glass Electric Cooktop w/4 Burners
- Factors to Consider When Purchasing the Best Electric Cooktop
10. CUSIMAX Dual Control Infrared Countertop 1800W Ceramic Electric Hot Plate
For a busier kitchen, you do not require a stove rather this electric cooktop can be an ideal cooking device. This versatile unit supports a wide range of cookware ranging from pans tompots of different sizes. Not only can you use it in your home kitchen but also in the office, apartment, RV, and back garden to meet different needs. It is ideal for cooking in smaller spaces in making soup, cooking pasta and vegetable, and so on. Additionally, it is designed from high-quality stainless steel components that assure you of a strong, rust-resistant, and longer-lasting unit.
- The thermostat allows you to regulate temperatures
- Equipped with non-slip feet to avoid sliding
- Safer with the automatic shutoff feature
- Ceramic cook is easier to maintain
- The whole unit gets hot to touch
9. SANDOO Stainless Steel Tempered Glass Top 1800W Double Burners Electric Cooktop
In the case of kitchens with limited space, it would be a nice idea to try out Sandoo electric cooktop. This kitchen appliance has a compact design thus fits in apartments, RVs, offices, and many other places. It features different power levels and temperature levels to meet all your cooking needs. The timer helps to remind you when to turn it off or automatically shuts down In case you forgot to turn it off. Besides, it has a child safety lock that locks all buttons to avoid any child accidents. Also, it is equipped with 9 different safety functions to keep you safe at all times while cooking your food.
- Has an easier to operate control panel
- The smooth glass surface is easy to clean
- Designed from quality materials that last long
- Takes a few minutes to set it up
- The induction cooker is compatible with a few pots
8. NutriChef 1800W Touch Sensor 120W Portable Dual Burner Double Induction Cooktop
You can cook your delicious foods as you desire with Nutrichef electric cooktop. It is equipped with two heating zones which allows you to cook different foods at the same time. Depending on your needs, you can easily switch from one mode to another with only one press of a button. Since this cooktop cooks using electromagnets, no heat is lost thus ensuring a faster heat for quick cooking. The built-in child safety lock keeps your little ones from operating this device since it can cause accidents. Better still, the LCD is easier to operate by all persons for convenient cooking.
- Has nonstick cooking surface for easy cleanup
- The adjustable thermostat control meet all your needs
- Occupies less storage space with its compact design
- Made lightweight thus easier to carry around
- It has a louder fan
7. CUISINART Black One-Size ICT-60 Glass 11.6lbs Touch Control Double Induction Cooktop
To improve your cooking experience in any kind of kitchen, you can try this electric cooktop by Cuisinart. It features two induction burners that offer ultimate cooking flexibility in your kitchen. With different heat settings, you can easily adjust this kitchen appliance to meet all your needs. The bright LED displays offer you a better way to adjust the settings without facing any difficulties. After the pan is lifted, the heat automatically shuts off after 30 seconds for added safety. Also, maintenance is such a hassle-free task because it is equipped with a smooth glass surface.
- Fits into smaller spaces such as dorms and RVs
- Ensures flame-free and exhaust-free cooking
- Has a sleek design to match your kitchen decor
- Comes with clear instructions for easy setup
- Only supports magnetic utensils
6. Thermomate 9 Heat Settings 12 Inch 240V Ceramic Electric Cooktop w/Kid Safety lock & Timer
If you are looking for a high-quality electric cooktop, this brand by Thermomate is a great pick. It has a stainless steel construction which assures you of a strong and long-lasting unit. With the slim and modern design, this equipment can fit into smaller spaces whereas complementing your kitchen decors. The 9 power settings ensure precise heating and can be used for boiling, braising, roasting, frying, and many more. You can as well set the timer function to a certain period to avoid undercooking or overcooking your food. This makes it one of the best gifts for your loved ones.
- The smooth surface ensures effortless cleanup
- Easier to operate with the sensor touch buttons
- Child lock prevents unnecessary operations
- Only weighs 9.7lbs thus more portable
- Does not support larger cookware
5. GIONIEN 3500W GITS352G3 12 Inch Drop-in Hard-Wired 220V Built-in Induction Cooktop
Give your kitchen that fresh and modern look with Gionien electric cooktop. This kitchen equipment has a sleek and stylish design to match most kitchen decors. Everything runs smoothly, thanks to the auto shut off switch which prevents overcooking. With the power boost button, you no longer have to wait for long periods for your pots to boil because it gives an instant burst of heat. Additionally, the touch panel is easier to operate and offers you full control of your cooking process. Also, the hobs are highly responsive to save energy whereas offering the best cooking results.
- Has a flatter surface to avoid hiding dirt materials
- The automatic shutdown feature prevents burning
- Made sturdy to ensure safe and stable operations
- Saves your time with the quick installation
- Heavier compared to Thermomate model
4. EMPAVA 12Inch 120V Vitro Black Smooth Surface Electric Induction Cooktop w/2 Burners
Empava electric cooktop is equipped with a wide range of features to meet all your cooking needs. It is equipped with a LED digital touching control that allows you to adjust settings as you require. With the 9 heating level settings, you can choose to simmer, deep-fry, sear, grill, steam, slow cook or boil your food. Furthermore, it has a compact design thus you would not have to worry about this unit taking much of your counter space. It supports cookware with a magnetic bottom to ensure stable operations. Even better, the timer function prevents your food from overcooking In case you forget to turn it off.
- Has a sleek design to match your kitchen decors
- Made from rust-resistant stainless steel materials
- Safer since it turns off automatically with no pan
- The temperature control is easier to adjust
- The heating pods are so close to one another
3. GASLAND 1-99Mins Timer 240V 12Inch Built-in IH30BF Drop-in 2 Burner Electric Induction Hob
Do you need more convenient and quick cooking? All these are made possible by Gasland electric cooktop. It has two cooking zones with different power rangers to ensure a faster cooking rate. With up to 9 heating levels, you can easily choose one that suits all your cooking needs. Moreover, the control touch panel is easier to operate and allows you to switch from one mode to another. You can easily maintain this unit because it is equipped with a vitro ceramic glass surface. The timer is a reminder to you to avoid overcooking your food Incase you forget to turn this unit off.
- Designed from scratch-resistant materials
- Has multiple protection features for safety
- Made lightweight thus easier to move around
- Easy to install with the clear instructional manual
- Produces humming sound while heating
2. FRIGIDAIRE Black 30Inch FFEC3025UB Glass 240V Hot-Surface Electric Smoothtop Cooktop
Are you looking for an easy to install electric cooktop? Look no further than Frigidaire electric cooktop. The included instructions make it easier for you to install this unit within the shortest time possible. It has two cooking elements that allow you to cook your food as you desire. Besides, it is easier to operate because it does not have any complicated buttons. Better still, the glass surface is made scratch-resistant and is easier to wipe off any dirt from it. You do not need to wait up for a longer period for this unit to heat since it only takes a few seconds and you are good to go.
- Well designed knobs ensure easy turning
- Prevents overheating since it has good sensors
- Lights up red when it cool enough to touch
- Keeps your kitchen look all good and classy
- Designed from fragile materials
1. GE PP9830DJBB 30Inch Black 3-Speed Downdraft Glass Electric Cooktop w/4 Burners
All your cooking elements are combined into one cooking area with GE electric cooktop. This unit has a sleek cooling surface that keeps your entire kitchen look modern and classy. The control lock system prevents unnecessary activation which could cause accidents. With the indicator lights, you can easily know when the surface is hot or cold to touch. Installation is a pretty easier task since it will only take you a few minutes to set it up. Besides, it has a compact design thus it will take less space on your counter and is ideal for use in small spaced rooms.
- Takes a few minutes to clean the entire unit
- The knobs are well designed for easy access
- Has a powerful fan for efficient heat dissipation
- Heats up instantly for faster cooking
- The top gets scratched easily
We have offered you the products above to the best of our knowledge. Cooking has never gotten this efficient and captivating. Don’t worry about our listing, we only did it to make our listing look organized. Also, we have enumerated some pros and cons for each product to enable you to choose the best electric cooktop. Aside from that, we have listed some key parameters you may wish to consider when selecting the best electric cooktops. What’s more, you can go through the list to familiarize yourself with our top picks. Have a great time ahead!