Cycling proves to be so much fun not forgetting that it comes with a lot of benefits especially if you want to keep fit. You can however double the fun by having your little loved one along as you enjoy viewing the sceneries. All that you need to make that possible is simply a child and baby bike seat. This is a special seat that is normally mounted on the rear or front part of the rider to keep the baby safe. At the same time, the little one will be able to enjoy the wonderful expeditions. When not in use, most of these baby seats are easy to remove for storage. The same applies to installation since most of these seats come with installation instructions and tools.
When choosing child and baby bike seats for kids, there are several factors that you will need to keep in mind. This will help you to distinguish between the different available products in the market. For instance, you will want to ensure the safety of your kid when choosing a baby bike seat. Different bike seats will come with different safety features and it will be upon you to choose what feels good for you. The aim of this review is to help you with such information so that you can make the right choice. Other than highlighting the tips to consider when buying, we also made a recommendation of products we believe you will like. Have a look at these recommendations below:
10. VAE Kids Bike Seat for MTB- Easy to Install
Are you looking to make cycling easy with your little one along? The VAE kids’ bike seat is definitely going to foster your love for the outdoors. It has been designed for kids who are aged between 2 and 5 years and with a weight not exceeding 48lbs. you will also be happy to learn that it can be easily adjusted to fit both flat and sloping top tubes.
The other amazing feature about this baby bike seat is that it is pretty easy to install and remove. It has a quick-release attachment that makes all that possible. In terms of installation, it is very easy and straightforward now that the package comes with fitting instructions that are easy to follow. Better still, it has been made with the right padding to prevent it from damaging your bike frame.
- It makes cycling with the kid easy and has been made for kids between 2 and 5 years with a weight of up to 48lbs.
- The kids’ seat bike is easily adjustable to fit both flat and the sloping top tubes
- It is easy to fit and remove since it comes with easy-to-follow fitting instructions
- This bike seat for kids has complete rubber protection to protect the bike frame from any damage
- Might come with missing parts
9. XIEEIX Front Mount Kid Bike Seats
The construction of this bike seat features a thick and strong material. For that reason, it accommodates a maximum weight capacity of 66 pounds. Its overall strength makes it more reliable and safer as you ride. The front-mounted bike kid seat has a foldable design making it very easy to store when not in use. For a simple installation, you will appreciate that the seat comes with an installation wrench.
With its thick-padded cushion, be sure that the little one will be comfortable even if the ride is so rough. It is also good to note that the footrest is easily adjustable for the safety and comfort of the little one. Given that this bike seat is applicable to most bike types, you should have every reason to buy it. Even better, customer satisfaction is a guarantee for this purchase.
- The child bike seat features quality steel and metal pipes to support up to 66 pounds of weight
- This bike seat has a folding design and comes with an installation wrench for simple assembly
- It features a thick-padded cushion and a guardrail with a soft cover for optimal comfort
- This bike seat for kids is applicable to most bike types including the folding bicycles
- Impossible to adjust the seat to be far from the rider’s seat
8. Eton Front-Mounted Baby Bike Seat, Universal for Children
With this bike seat, you will be able to ride with your kid. It is a front-mounted seat that allows you to watch the little one as you enjoy the sceneries. The portable bike seat has been made for kids aged between 1 and 4 years with a weight not exceeding 110 pounds. You will also appreciate that it is applicable to most bike types including folding bikes and mountain bikes.
The other feature that makes this bike seat for kids convenient is the fact that it is easily adjustable. Its height can be easily adjusted according to the needs of the growing baby. It also prides itself on the fact that it is attractive and innovative to keep the kid comfortable and safe. Best of all, this bike seat can be easily installed with no expertise needed at all.
- This bike front seat allows you to keep an eye on your kid as you hit the road for a more enjoyable ride
- It is a portable kid’s bike seat that is ideal for kids aged from 1 to 4 years and with a maximum weight of 110 pounds
- Features an attractive and innovative design that makes it comfortable and safe for the little one
- This front-mounted bike seat has a simple installation and is compatible with multiple bike types
- The instructions are not easy to follow
7. CyclingDeal Bike Baby Seat Carrier
The recommended age for this baby bike seat is 9 to 30 months and has a maximum weight capacity of 33lbs. it has a seat belt buckle that has been made to be opened only when you hold the button at the same time. This is a safety feature that ensures that the buckle will never be opened accidentally by the little one. With its adjustable foot straps, the seat will keep the feet of the kid-safe in every position all the time.
What makes it even more convenient is the fact that the footrests are easily adjustable to ensure that they accommodate the kid as he or she grows. This seat has also been well-designed to move forward or backward for better spacing. It has a well-padded handlebar that your kid will use conveniently during the ride. The good thing about this bike seat for kids is the fact that it is compatible with most adult bikes.
- The baby seat is good for kids within the age bracket of 9 to 30 months and has a maximum weight of 33lbs.
- It has a seat belt buckle that cannot be accidentally opened by your kid for safety reasons
- Compatible with most adult bike seats and comes with a 2-year warranty from the manufacturer
- It has adjustable foot straps that keep the kid’s feet in a safe position every time
- There is none identified
6. FORTOP Bicycle Baby Front-Mount Seat with Handrail
It is definitely very convenient to ride your bike with your baby along. This front bike seat will allow you to keep an eye on the kid as you hit the road. It has a front-mounted design for that purpose to ensure that you and your kid enjoy it without compromising safety in any way. Other than having an attractive and innovative design, you will also appreciate that the seat is comfortable and safe for the kid. It has thicker cushions which provide superior comfort. On the other hand, the pedals will offer a good resting place for the little feet.
In terms of quality, you will appreciate that the chair is sturdy and has the best quality. It has been designed using an aluminum alloy that bears a maximum weight capacity of up to 20kg. This portable bike seat has been made for kids aged between 2 and 4 years. What you will like about the bike seat for kids is the fact that it has a very simple assembly with no need for tools.
- This one is convenient for you to ride your bike with your kid as you keep an eye on them
- The seat offers safe and superior comfort with its thick cushions and comfortable pedals
- It features a high-quality and strong aluminum alloy that bears up to 20kg weight
- The front-mounted bike seat is easy to install and remove with no need for tools
- The company never makes a replacement for broken parts
5. UrRider Kid's Bike Seat, Foldable and Ultra-light
This is a front-mounted bike seat for kids that people love for several reasons. First things first, you will appreciate that the seat is very easy and simple to install. You can easily attach or remove it with no need for tools whatsoever. Even better, this seat is applicable to most bike types including mountain bikes, fitness bikes, and hybrid bikes. You will also appreciate that it comes with the USA safety certificate which proves it safe for the little one.
Its saddle is soft and comfortable with a hollow design for proper ventilation. The good thing about this eat for kids is that it helps you to keep an eye on the little one as you enjoy watching the sceneries. Being made of quality aluminum alloy, you can be sure that the bike seat for kids will serve for a long period of time.
- The kid bike seat is very easy to install and remove with no need for any tools
- It comes with the USA safety standard certificate and is comfortable enough for your kid
- The front bike seat for the little one offers a better view of your kid as you ride
- It features an aircraft-grade aluminum alloy to ensure that it serves you for a long time
- It does not fit every bike
4. Schwinn Deluxe Bike Mounted Kid Carrier
If you are looking to enjoy a safe and family-bonding ride with your young one, this bike seat will be a good choice for you. It has been made in a lightweight design and polypropylene construction to guarantee durability. The rear bike seat is very easy to assemble which makes your next adventure-ready in a hassle-free way. The good thing about it is that it is compatible with most seat posts with a diameter between 25 and 32mm.
The other feature that this eat prides itself on is the fact that it has a 3-point harness and leg restraints. Even better, it has a padded crossbar that helps to heighten the safety of your young one. For comfort purposes, you will appreciate that this bike seat has adjustable footwells and a removable headrest. Additionally, the seat has been well-vented which helps to prevent wind drag. If your kid weighs less than 40 pounds, this bike seat will be a good choice for them.
- You will enjoy a safe and family-bonding bike ride with this lightweight seat
- The rear bike seat is very easy to assemble making it ready for your next adventure in a hassle-free manner
- It features a 3-point harness that will keep your kid safe and secure during the ride
- The child seat has been well-vented in order to prevent any wind drag and custom padding for comfort
- Not ideal for small frames of the mountain bikes
3. Peg Perego Orion Child Seat
This bike seat for your baby comes with an innovative bracket system that allows it to be fixed easily on the bike’s head tube. What makes it better than any other bike seat is the fact that it can be easily attached to different types of bike frames. It also prides itself on an innovative installation system making it easy to attach and detach.
The other great feature about this child seat is that it comes with an in-built suspension system to make the kid comfortable even on bumpy rides. It also comes with safety straps that help to keep the kid secure in place during the ride. It also comes with adjustable footrests in order to prevent any contact of the feet with the bike’s wheel spokes. This kid’s bike seat has been made for kids aged up to 12 months and a maximum weight of 33lbs.
- It features an innovative bracket that allows this seat to be fixed with ease on different bike frames
- The bike seat has an in-built suspension system that will give the kid so much fun regardless of the terrain
- This bike seat has been equipped with safety straps and adjustable footrests to keep the baby safe and comfortable
- Its safety harness can be adjusted in three different positions keeping the little one cozy and very secure
- People claim that it is too small
2. Burley Dash Kid Bike Seat
This is another bike seat that you should consider for your kids. Its rack-mount connection will easily clamp onto the rear of the bike rack with no need for tools. The seat is easily removable and hand-washable which makes it very easy to clean. This seat also comes with a harness system that can be adjusted in 5 different positions. With this in mind, you can be sure that this seat will grow with the kid. It can accommodate a maximum weight capacity of 40lbs.
What makes the seat stand out is the fact that it has a rear storage compartment that will be good for the smaller items. Even better, this seat has been made in a lightweight design which makes it very comfortable for your ride. You will also appreciate its adjustable footrests that easily snap into 4 different positions. With the integrated reflector, this seat will be safe for you and the little one.
- The rack mount connection will easily clamp onto the rear bike rack with no need for tools
- It comes with a removable and easily washable harness and seat for simple cleaning
- The harness system adjusts in 5 different positions in order to accommodate the growing baby
- Light in weight and comes with a rear storage compartment for your smaller items
- It will not fit all bikes
1. Topeak Baby Seat with a Shoulder Harness
One of the good features that you will like about this baby bike seat is the wrap-around cotton. This helps to make sure that the kid remains very comfortable during the ride. It also comes with a shoulder harness with several height adjustments. With this, you can be sure that your kid will be safe even when taking sharp turns. Apart from that, it comes with a well-padded hand rest to offer extra protection.
Another feature that makes this baby seat unique is the adjustable footrest. This helps to keep the little feet in a safe position. With its recessed area, the seat offers extra room for the helmet and protects the kid from slumping forwards. You will also appreciate that the seat has a good suspension system that will isolate the kid from jolts and bumps. This seat comes with a removable seat pad for simple cleaning.
- It comes with a rear rack that has been made of quality T6 aluminum for durability
- The baby bike seat has been made in a strong design to support up to 48.5lbs.
- Optional pad available in different colors including pink, blue and green
- Its recessed area offers extra rooms for the helmet and to keep the kid-safe
- It is a bit pricey
Factors to consider when buying child and baby bike seats
This is one important factor that you will not want to compromise when buying a baby bike seat. It is good to note that not all bikes are intended to have the infant bike seat. In this regard, you must first check your bike specifications to ensure that the bike seat you are about to buy will fit easily on the bike. The best baby bike seat is that which can be installed and removed with no hassles at all. Choosing a bike baby seat that cannot fit on your bike frame will be a waste of time and money.
When choosing a baby seat for your bike, you ought to keep the comfort aspect in mind as well. This will not just mean the baby’s comfort but that of the rider as well. In this case, the seat ought to be well-padded to keep the baby comfortable regardless of the terrain type. Additionally, it is good to settle for adjustable seats that will accommodate the needs of the baby as they grow. For the rider, you need to get a seat that never obstructs you or feels uncomfortable in any way.
Last but not least, make sure to choose a baby bike seat that gives you peace of mind knowing that the kid is safe all the time. For rear-mounted baby bike seats, you will not be in a position to keep an eye on the young one all the time. You must therefore make sure that the seat comes with safety straps and harnesses that will keep the young ones safe even on sharp turns. Most people will ignore this but it is important to have a seat that has reflector lights. This is the case when you will be mounting it on the rear part of the bike and riding in dark conditions.
A bike is something that is loved by everyone in the family from kids to adults. As we mentioned earlier, cycling has so many health benefits. It is also a good way to bond with the family as you appreciate nature. This even gets better when you have your little champ with you. If you would love this to happen, you need to ensure that you have the right accessories with you. Child and baby bike seats are special types of seats that are mounted on the bike for that purpose. They have the best safety and comfort features to make sure that everyone enjoys the ride. The review above has listed some of the best baby seats that you can choose from. With the help of the buying guide above, you should get your ideal pick easily.